Matt Johnson is a dynamic, classically trained pianist who received his Bachelor of Music degree in Piano Performance from Oklahoma Baptist University. As a graduate student at New England Conservatory of Music, he formally expanded his talents in the area of composition. Studying under William Thomas McKinley, he received his Master of Music degree in Jazz Studies and Composition with a Distinction in Performance.
A prolific writer and performer, Matt has performed extensively in venues from Boston to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. His music is Neo-Romantic, employing a unique blend of contemporary jazz, new age, popular and classical elements.
Matt’s Discography of original compositions includes:
• O HOLY NIGHT — [single release]
• The NEW Silent Night — [single release]
• Reflections on…The Proverbs of Solomon — [album with 31 pieces]
• Just the Music™ from "Reflections on…The Proverbs of Solomon" — [ditto]
• Matthew’s Yoga Music, Volumes 1-8 — [8 albums with 4 pieces each]
• Origins — [album with 17 pieces]
• End of a Day — [album with 13 pieces]
• Conversations — [album with 12 pieces]
• Something About the Moon — [album with 8 pieces]
• A Quiet Moment — [album with 7 pieces]
Additionally, Matt has composed and arranged for many mediums. His choral, vocal, instrumental, handbell and piano scores are available as FREE pdf DOWNLOADS from his site.
Matt has been studying/playing the piano since the age of six. There’s a picture of him practicing on the cover of his Origins recording. His classical training has included numerous piano performance competitions and orchestral appearances.
Matt is a writer member of American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers [ASCAP]. and his publishing company, Dolce & Nuit Productions, is a publisher member as well.
Born in Sherman, Texas, Matt currently resides in South Florida. His versatility allows him to teach piano, theory and composition—play piano, organ and keyboards for both Contemporary and Traditional services at his local church—as well as accompany and adjudicate music festivals and competitions.
Copyright © 2017. Matt Johnson Music Studio. All rights reserved.